Statement of Faith
We believe …
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the product of Holy men of old who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. The New Covenant, as recorded in the New Testament, we accept as our infallible guide in all matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine. [II Tim. 3:16, I Thess. 2:13, II Peter 1:21]
- The Godhead—Our God is one, but manifested in three persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
* God the Father is greater than all, the Sender of the Word, and the begetter. [John 14:28, 16:28, 1:14]
* The Son is the Word flesh covered, the One Begotten, and has existed with the Father from the beginning. [John 1:1, 1:18, 1:14].
* The Holy Spirit proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son, and is eternal. [John 14:16, 15:26]
- Man, His fall, and their redemption—Man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God, but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was manifested to undo the works of the devil and gave His life and shed His blood to redeem and restore man back to God. [Rom. 5:14, I John 3:8]
Salvation is the gift of God to man, separate from works of the Law, and is made operative by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, [then] producing works acceptable to God. [Eph. 2:8-10]
- Eternal Life and the New Birth—The New Birth is necessary to all men, and when experienced, produces eternal life. Jesus is the only way, no man can come to the God unless he comes through the Son, and His name is Jesus. [John 3:3-5, I John 5:12, John 14:6, Acts 4:12]
- Water Baptism—Baptism in water is by immersion, is a direct command of our Lord, and is for believers only. The ordinance is a symbol of the Christian’s identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. [Matt. 28:19, Rom. 6:4, Col. 2:12, Acts 8:36-39]
- Baptism of the Holy Ghost—The Baptism in the Holy Ghost and fire is a gift from God as promised by the lord Jesus Christ to all believers in this dispensation and is received subsequent to the New Birth. This experience is accompanied by the evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance. [Matt. 3:11, John 14:16, Acts 1:8, 2:38-39, 19:1-7, 2:1-4].
- Sanctification—the Bible teaches that without holiness no man can see the Lord. We believe in Sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace. [Heb. 12:14, I Thess. 5:23, II Peter 3:18, Phil. 3:12-14, I Cor. 1:30]
- Divine Healing—Healing is for the physical ills of the human body and is wrought by the power of God through the prayer of faith. [James 5:14-15, Mark 16:8, Isa. 53:4-5, Matt. 8:17, I Peter 2:24]
- Resurrection of the Just and the Return of the Lord—Angels to the disciples, “ … this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye seen go into heaven.” When He comes, “…, the dead in Christ shall rise first, and then we which are alive shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air…” [Acts 1:11, I Thess. 4:16-17]
- Hell and Eternal Retribution—The one who physically dies in his sins without accepting Christ is eternally lost. There is no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel or repenting. [Luke 16:19-31, Rev. 20:11-15]